cars, etc.

So, we looked at the IRS information about donating cars and it's less of a good thing than it used to be. That means that we're selling the 98 white subaru legacy wagon too. It's got stuff wrong with it visually that doesn't really affect how it runs, and about 150k miles on it. Only one owner - jordan - and she took pretty good care of it. Let us know if you know of anyone...

Otherwise, today we figured out that with our upcoming brief trip to Burlington, we weren't likely to have enough time to send our Coris back to Boston to get certified before we sent them to New York to get authenticated by the Costa Rican consulate and get them back before we left. And that meant an impromptu trip to Boston. The good news is that it only took 15 minutes once we got there and we were lucky with parking in the center of Boston because I could stay in the car in our illegal spot that wasn't double parking. And the other good news is that since we were feeling so good about how well it went that we wandered in the North End for a while and brought back cannoli for people (including me). I do love me some cannoli.

Random musing: when you're living in tight quarters, tenement style, do you have a good relationship with the persons on the other end of your clothesline? Do you share or do you each have one that connects on the other's domicile? This is what we wondered about while wandering. I do rather like wandering.

2 comments:

Mommers said...

I can't believe I'm blogging! I have loved reading your thoughts and book reviews and random musings.
I was surprised to hear about changes in donating a car; I just listened to a commercial about donating for a full tax write off. Hmmmm . . . . 1-800-cars4kids . . . the jingle is lingering in my consciousness.

JFunke said...

Well, I looked at the tax deduction info and found it to be less than profitable. I'm kind of half-heartedly trying to sell the car and still looking into donating it. However, it has to be to an organization that will actually use the car instead of sell it. Otherwise I only get to deduct what they actually sold it for, not market value. Call it a few hundred dollars maybe versus $2000 cash. I'm going to need a car when I get back so I need to have this money to save.